- Started providing digital maps to non-government enterprises, Organizations, and people.
- 02. 01
- Legislated regulation for survoyr's authorization according to their academic background and work experience.[Ministry of Construction and Transportation, Instruction #193]
- Started producing digital map on the scale of 1:25,000, 1:1,000, 1:5,000.
- Concluded a note to develop cartography and geodetic survey technology ; in cooperation with China.
- Joined PCGIAP member to build the foundation of Asia Pacific GIS development.
- Legislated regulations for digital maps(National Geography Institute, Bylaw #71).
- Decided the master plan to build NGIS (National Geographic Information System)
- Legislated regulations for gravity survey (National Geography Institute, Bylaw #68).
- Legislated regulations for surveying using magnetic survey(National Geography Institute, Bylaw #67).
- Legislated regulation for the first GPS surveying technology. (National Geography Institute, Bylaw #66).
- Legislated labor cost standard of surveying [Ministry of Construction, Notification #93-19].
- Legislated regulation to inspect the results of public survey. [Ministry of Construction, Notification #42].