Welcome to the web pages of Space Geodetic Observation Center(SGOC).
SGOC is the 16th geodetic VLBI observatory in the world and the 3rd in Asia, and
the pioneer of the new era of space geodetic survey in South Korea.
○ Participation in International Earth Rotation Service(IERS)’s observation '14.10 ~
- leap second observation, precession, nutation etc.
○ Crustal displacement observation in Asia Pacific ’15.1
- Participants : Korea, USA, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand
○ Participation in observation to decide World Geodetic System '15.1~
- participants : Korea, USA, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Chile, Norway, Russia, RSA, Ukraine, Finland
○ Domestic crustal displacement observation '17.1~
- Monitoring earth plate with 4 VLBI system which are operated by National Geographic Information Institute(NGII) and Korea Astronomy
and Space Science Institute(KASI) (NGII 1 , KASI 3)
○ Participation in observation research which uses Chinese satellite Chang’e 3 '14.12~
- Participants : China, Korea
* Supervision: Shanghai Observatory, Chinese Academy of Sciences