- Attend the 4th Session of the United Nations Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management, 6-8 August 2014, NEW YORK
- As the national mapping agency and a representative of the Republic of Korea, 3 delegates from the National Geogrpahic Information Institute attended the 4th Session of the United Nations Committee of Experts on Global G...
- Attendance on the Executive Board Meeting of UN-GGIM-AP
- As a vice-chair country of UN-GGIM-AP, NGII delegation attended the executive board meeting on June 20th, Malaysia. The committee members were gathered to discuss about the 3rd UN-GGIM-AP plenary meeting and other relate...
- * Meeting Name: 4th United Nations Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Managemen...
- Jamaica Delegation visited NGII to strengthen the tie between two countries. During the meeting, t...
- For the cooperation and application of Galileo System operated by EU, Experts from EU and Korea gath...
- - Period: November 24~28, 2013 - Venue: NASG, China
- - Period: October 20~November 9, 2013 - Organization: Operated by NGII and KOICA - Participation...
- The Gazetteer of Korea The Gazetteer of Korea provides a clear and comprehensive view of geographical names and their mapped locations in Korea.
- Toponymic Guidelines The current publication Toponymic Guidelines for Map and Other Editors: For International Use is intended to provide assistance in understanding and using geographical names in the Republic of Korea.
NGII maintains geodetic reference network(benchmark, triangulation point, GPS, VLBI, UCP).
A geocentric coordinate system was introduced and applied since 2003.
NGII provides 1:5,000 base map nationwide, 1:1,000 digital map in the urban area.
Updating period is every 2 years.
National Land Survey is composed of collecting land data and constructing its management system for the establishment of National Land Policies.
We publishes statistical yearbook with land survey results.
As the national surveying and mapping organization, the NGII closely cooperate with foreign organization.
We have served as the secretariat of PCGIAP since 2010. Also, NGII, Korea will host High Level Forum on GGIM (global geospatial Information Management) in October 2011.